FAMILY HOME VISITATION PROGRAMS
What can Family Home Visitation Programs do for you?
- Family Home Visitation Programs are voluntary and at no cost to you. We believe that a child’s first and best teacher is his or her parents.
- We offer home visits to eligible families in Woodbury County. Parents are encouraged to accept services during pregnancy, and may continue in the program for up to 5 years.
- Our program is part of a nationwide initiative designed to empower families to become and remain healthy and strong, it is also research and evidence-based.
Family Home Visitation Programs do:
- Link Parents to Resources
- Monitor Children’s Growth and Development
- Problem Solve with Parents
Family Home Visitation Programs do not:
- Judge You
- Make Decisions for You
- Tell You What to Do
Goals of the Program:
- Healthy Children
- Positive Family Environment
- Empowered Parents
What Can My HOME VISITOR Do For My Baby?
- Help me prepare for baby’s arrival
- Help me to learn and recognize my baby’s needs
- Help me understand normal baby development
- Teach me how to make my home “baby safe”
- Teach me how to maintain my baby’s health
What Can My Home Visitor Offer Me?
- Budgeting Assistance
- Prenatal Support
- Transportation Assistance
- Baby growth and Development
- Teaching appropriate behavior to my children
- Continuing my Education
- Assistance seeking employment
- Accessing community services
- Activities to do with my child
- Locating quailty child care
- Building parenting skills and confidence
- Accessing medical Services
All information is confidential!
Contact Kim at (712) 222-6077 or email email@example.com
Contact us for more information
Programs are provided by:
Family Home Visitations are funded in part by the Iowa Department of Public Health, the Iowa Department of Education, Prevent Child Abuse Iowa, United Way of Siouxland and Siouxland Human Investment Partnership