Siouxland Human Investment Partnership provides leadership in response to identified community needs and collaboratively supports the delivery of health, human services, education, and public safety in Siouxland.
Siouxland Human Investment Partnership (SHIP) was designated the Early Childhood Iowa Board for Woodbury County in 1999. Early Childhood Iowa is the state's early childhood initiative that was established through legislation in 1998. SHIP is also the designated Decategorization (DCAT) Board for Woodbury County. DCAT is a collaborative child welfare and juvenile justice planning process. SHIP has evolved to position itself as an organization that is capable of administering initiatives with a Health, Human Service, Education and Public Safety focus and has a scope of pre-birth to death. SHIP is a collaborative board that currently has 22 members serving the Siouxland area.
- facilitates community forums which address issues that confront Siouxland,
- builds collaborations among community entities to meet the needs of our citizens,
- seeks allocations and funding for program and services,
- evaluates the delivery of programs and services; advocates for sustainability.
- provides Employer of Record services to organizations that need assistance providing benefits, payroll and human resources to employees.*
- provides Fiscal Agent services to organizations that need assistance administering grants or other funding.*
This effective and responsive process attracts multiple funding opportunities and leverages limited resources.
Our Priorities & Focus Areas include Health, Human Services, Education and Public Safety.
Our Values Focus On Collaboration, Education Leadership, Empowerment and Inclusivity.
*services provided for a fee and at the discretion of the SHIP Board.